- Deadline for Application: 31 March 2017
- Notification for Application: 11 April 2017
|Monday 26th June||Statistical Signal Processing|
|Tuesday 27th June||Radar Processing and Tracking|
|Wednesday 28th June||Machine Learning|
|Thursday 29th June||Source Separation and Beamforming
Our aim is to offer an excellent teaching and learning environment which is free to attend. As the course was oversubscribed in previous years and numbers are capped, application to the Summer School requires an applicant selection process.
To ensure that participants are equipped to apply this work to practical solutions, the course will be delivered through traditional lectures and tutorials on set exercises supervised by leading experts in the field.
The objectives of the Summer School are to:
- Fill a gap in knowledge for signal processing engineering research students and industrial practitioners.
- Facilitate the process of taking new theoretical developments into practical engineering applications.
- Create a focal point for research in Signal Processing for Defence
- Stimulate new collaborations in this field.
There will also be ample opportunity to network at the UDRC Summer School social events.
The Lecture will take place in Lecture Theatre M, in the Lecture Theatre Block marked LT on the campus map
Information on how to get to the University of Surrey Campus can be found on this page of the University of Surrey Website.
Summer School Socials
- Local Cheese and Wine tasting:
Date and time: Monday 26th June, 5:30 pm - 7 pm
Location: In the foyer, just outside the Summer School lecture theatre.
- Summer School Dinner:
Date and time: Wednesday 28th June, 7:30 pm
Location: The Thai Terrace, 7th floor Castle Car Park, Sydenham Road, Guildford, GU1 3RW.
The deadline for student accommodation on campus has passed is now fully booked.
If you have booked accommodation at University Court, check-in is from 1330 onwards and check out is at 0930 on the day of your departure.
You can check in at the Stag Hill Court Reception which is open from 0800-1900 Monday to Friday, 0800-1200 on Saturdays and all other times keys can be collected from the Security Office at the side of Senate House.
Accommodation at the University of Surrey includes breakfast which will be in the Hillside Restaurant from 0730-0900. Should you have any queries regarding your stay you can contact the Stag Hill Court Reception desk on 01483 689078.
Detailed information on campus accomodation can be found here.
There are also lots of hotels and guest houses to choose from in Guildford.
- Holiday Inn Guildford,Egerton Road, Guildford, GU2 7XZ (0.4 miles from university) 15 mintue walk approx.
- Asperion Hotel 4-star hotel, 73 Farnham Road, Guildford, GU2 7PF (0.4 miles from university) 15 mintue walk approx.
- Mandolay 4-star hotel, 36-40 London Road, Guildford, GU1 2AE (1.6 miles from university) 30 minute walk approx.
Information on local accomodation can be found on the Visit Guildford website.
For students coming from outside the EEA and Switzerland, information on visa requirements and application procedure can be found on the UK Government short-term study visa page or alternatively on the University of Edinburgh website here.
Summer School Funding
The Summer School is delivered by the UDRC in partnership with Dstl and funded by the ESPRC.