Role: Internship (Industrial placement) for post-graduates (PhDs, MsCs).
Job Type: Paid Temporary (6 months) Internship
SeeByte, the global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems is looking for Machine Learning PhD/MsC students interested in carrying out a six-month internship. There will also be an opportunity to join SeeByte’s engineering team on a permanent basis after the internship. This is a great opportunity to carry out applied research for an exciting software robotics company, on automated image recognition and classification approaches using state of the art deep neural networks. Use of data augmentation neural networks (GANs) to enhance detection and classification performance will also be investigated.
We are looking for innovative scientists, expert in DNN technology, capable of applying their expertise to design, and implement state-of-the-art solutions to relevant robotics problems. As an intern, you will be able to contribute to solve real-world problems, supporting translation of functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
Successful applicants who perform well during their internship, and who wish to move into the commercial sector, will be offered the opportunity to join the SeeByte engineering team on a permanent basis.
Sample publications of work carried out last year SeeByte ML interns includes:
• Unlimited Resolution Image Generation with R2D2-GANs, M Jegorova, AI Karjalainen, J Vazquez, TM Hospedales, IEEE Global OCEANS 2020, 1st prize for student poster competition.
• Full-Scale Continuous Synthetic Sonar Data Generation with Markov Conditional Generative Adversarial Networks. Jegorova, Marija; Karjalainen, Antti Ilari; Vazquez, Jose; Hospedales, Timothy. ICRA 2020.
• Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or a related language
• Experience with libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras or Torch.
• Experience with Deep Neural Networks in object detection/classification, generative adversarial networks and scene understanding.
• Enrolled in a Masters or Ph.D. degree in engineering, computer science, machine learning, or a related field.
• Enrolled in Ph.D. degree in machine learning, computer science, or engineering.
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Ability to analyse and present ideas compellingly in both verbal and written form.
• Ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts and algorithms,
• Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. Applicants with suitable work visas will also be considered. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES