Event: UDRC Summer School 2015
Date: Monday 20th July to Thursday 23rd July 2015
Location: University of Surrey
Cost: Free to Successful Applicants
Download: Summer School Programme
Registration: Now Closed
The UDRC will be hosting the 2015 Signal Processing for Defence Summer School at the University of Surrey. This four day course will be delivered at Masters level and is for researchers in industry, defence and academia who have an interest in Signal Processing for Defence.
Our aim is to offer an excellent teaching and learning environment which is free to attend. As the course was oversubscribed last year and numbers are capped, application to the Summer School requires an applicant selection process. Candidates can apply to be considered for a place when registration opens in December 2014.
To ensure that participants are equipped to apply this work to practical solutions, the course will be delivered through traditional lectures and tutorials on set exercises supervised by leading experts in the field.
The objectives of the Summer School are to:
- Fill a gap in knowledge for signal processing engineering research students and industrial practitioners.
- Facilitate the process of taking new theoretical developments into practical engineering applications.
- Create a focal point for research in Signal Processing for Defence.
- Stimulate new collaborations in this field.
There will also be ample opportunity to network at the UDRC Summer School social events. You will be invited to attend a wine tasting on Monday 20th July 5:30pm - 7:00pm and the Summer School official dinner on Wednesday 22nd July.
The lectures will take place in the Lecture Theatre Building, labelled LH on the campus map.
Accommodation on campus is available £40 for B&B (£54.99 to include dinner).
- If you have booked accommodation at University Court, check-in is from 1330 onwards and check out is at 0930 on the day of your departure.
- You can check in at the Stag Hill Court Reception which is open from 0800-1900 Monday to Friday, 0800-1200 on Saturdays and all other times keys can be collected from the Security Office at the side of Senate House.
- Accommodation at the University of Surrey will include breakfast which will be in the Hillside Restaurant from 0730-0900. Should you have any queries regarding your stay you can contact the Stag Hill Court Reception desk on 01483 689078.